Est. 1996

Listen on Google Play Music

EastonMass.com
EastonMass.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Easton Issues and Discussions
 Easton General
 The Towneship "introductions" and "experiences"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Burt
Administrator

USA
16770 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2018 :  09:36:13 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Originally posted by Peter5

So facebook and goole combined give them 65 5* out of 67 total reviews. What gives? Something is going on with yelp because the Farmers Daughter has featured advertisements in the top advertisement section, whearas the Township has an ad for Target Pizza in West Roxbury (at least for me).

Reviews are tricky, most folks won't go out of their way to give a positive review but chronic complainers are quick to give negatives, then you get friends and family giving bogus positives and negatives to competition. Businesses pay Yelp and other reviews sites to be part of their advertising and review management program.

--Burt Lewis
EastonMass.com
@EastonMass
Go to Top of Page

MeredithCo
Advanced Member - More than 1000 posts

2059 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2018 :  10:25:46 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

I didn't mean to imply Yelp wasn't legitimate- but many times I have seen reviews that are really unreasonable. Lots of demands for "comped" meals that the diner claimed were horrible but they ate the entire thing.
Go to Top of Page

JoJo

1125 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2018 :  11:25:06 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

With the prices in this restaurant the way they are they set the bar high for themselves, people expect the experience to be near perfect with prices like that.
Go to Top of Page

TWMSeven11
Senior Member -- More than 400 posts

845 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  11:17:26 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

So here are my thoughts after last night's dinner...the atmosphere was great but it is definitely trying to appeal to the nouveau riche of Easton. Beautifully decorated but most of the historic charm has been removed, it's very modern/industrial). I'm not a fancy schmancy eater so the only thing on the menu that I would eat was the burger. It was delicious but was it worth $19??? My wife got the halibut and loved it but the portion was on the smaller side. Fine for her because she's on a diet but I think most people would need to order an app or a side to go with it. Since we don't really drink, we escaped with an $80 bill for two entrees and two sodas. Overall, we were happy and would go back for a special occasion but it doesn't seem like somewhere we would eat regularly.
Go to Top of Page

Burt
Administrator

USA
16770 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  11:22:32 AM  Show Profile  REPLY
See me on Sunday's or be sure to mention my name
I promise you will be taken very good care of!

quote:
Originally posted by TWMSeven11

So here are my thoughts after last night's dinner...the atmosphere was great but it is definitely trying to appeal to the nouveau riche of Easton...

Thanks for the review.

--Burt Lewis
EastonMass.com
@EastonMass
Go to Top of Page

leroy

1238 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  11:25:37 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

reading yelp reviews of local restaurants is my new sport. its comical. do people
really think this much about food ? i have never sent anything back to the kitchen
in my life. the only thing i complain about is seating. i always seem to start to be
led to some crappy table before i stop in my tracks. even in an almost completely
empty kellys she walks us over behind the glass divider by the bar. i stopped, laughed
at her and pointed to the front window please. she seemed confused. it must be my
stellar good looks and superior intellect. they dont want to make other customers
uncomfortable. i think.
Go to Top of Page

leroy

1238 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  11:30:43 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

i concur. valuable review twm. thanks.
Go to Top of Page

JoJo

1125 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  12:21:53 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Thanks for the review TMW, just wondering, was the place full and how was the service?
Go to Top of Page

TWMSeven11
Senior Member -- More than 400 posts

845 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  1:44:01 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Originally posted by JoJo

Thanks for the review TMW, just wondering, was the place full and how was the service?

It was actually rather quiet in the dining area. One large party and maybe 6 other small parties but it was 6:30 on a Wednesday. The high top tables at the bar area were almost full though and there were a number of people eating/drinking at the bar.
Service was good, waitress was friendly and attentive, and we didn't have any issues with our meals.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  8:24:48 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

"nouveau rich of Easton" is always fun to read.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

leroy

1238 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  10:03:36 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

if they plan to cater to the nouveau and pseudo riche of easton they
should have plenty of customers.
Go to Top of Page

PeteHound
Junior Member - More than 100 posts

133 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  10:07:45 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

I must say that Lovey and I loved the place. Well, off to the Royal Wedding. Tootaloo!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
EastonMass.com © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000