Est. 1996

Listen on Google Play Music

EastonMass.com
EastonMass.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Easton Issues and Discussions
 Selectmen's Race 2017
 Darker days
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Laura
Advanced Member - More than 1000 posts

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2017 :  1:34:53 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

LB Ill gladly answer that in the discussions group.

quote:
Originally posted by LB

quote:
Originally posted by Laura

Thats a good plan. I hope you think those rules apply for both public and private jobs.

If it doesn't pain you too much, please answer the following questions for me"

(1) Do you believe one size fits all when it comes to compensation in different industries, public versus private sector, union vs non-union?

(2) Do you believe that there is a cost of turnover of employees? Is it worth it to lose continuity and institutional knowledge over 10% compensation?

(3) Do you believe that some industries and skills are more in demand than others and that might impact compensation?

My answer to your question would become more evident if you provide answers to those three questions above.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

DMcLeod
Junior Member - More than 100 posts

199 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2017 :  1:44:55 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

What exactly did Anderson say?
quote:
Originally posted by LB

quote:
Originally posted by toto

LB

It's time to get over being offended and disgusted over insignificant trivial occurrences that crop up every once and awhile in life. When residents go to a meeting in town and think they can take over the proceedings, they deserve to have the police come in and force them to behave themselves.
They got what they deserved. If it happens again, I hope the police will be called again, and again, and again until they finally get the message.
Just do what you are told to do and "Obey". Stop blaming Kevin. Kevin's responsibility was to keep control over the meeting. We expect that from him whether you like it or not. He made a difficult decision to call in the police. People need to stop acting like wimps. That group was wrong, not him.

No wonder our college students need "Safe" zones to shield them from the possibility of being discusted and offended by diversity and uncomfortable situations. Some parents are setting poor examples for their children by making excuses for wrong behavior. Your children will grow up in a "Fascist" country if you don't watch out. Is that what you want for them?

By now, everyone is weary hearing about how people are "OFFENDED and DISCUSTED" This retroric sounds like a broken record so throw it out in the trash. Enough is enough.

Back to the override - If you want an override to pass, you better make it good this time. No wish lists will be accepted. Don't be surprised though when you get nothing.

Why do you tell people what they need to get over? Seriously, it's 2017 and things that may have been "acceptable" even a decade or so are not now. When you or others go on the web, it's like going into a restaurant or any other public space and insulting people. People don't need to get over being insulted and it's about time the town update its social media policy. If I said things at my office that Goodman and Anderson wrote on a public forum, I'd be fired. Do you have a job? Do you understand what is acceptable and unacceptable now? Did you see the NBC Boston story on Anderson and the mention by experts of the town facing possible liability by including Anderson on that search committee? If that is your son who nominated Anderson, hopefully he learned something here. A teaching moment never hurt anyone.

With respect to an override, I hope it comes back a bit more tempered next time around and is not a wish list, but rather a level serviced budget that helps build reserves. You will probably vote against that claiming that you can't support it while the town is wasting so much money. We get that.

Go to Top of Page

LB

2082 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2017 :  2:20:59 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Anderson’s posts are considered by many to be controversial. He has posted images that depict the Easton Journal editor as a propagandist and show her with a missing tooth. He shared a Nike “Just Do It” poster of a Muslim woman wearing a hijab that had an asterisk with, “If your husband lets you.” He incorrectly said the previous town administrator was fired from other towns. And he’s told residents to throw beer bottles on another citizen’s lawn.

He recently told The Enterprise he finds the images to be funny.

DMcLeod, above is from an Easton Journal article on the matter.

Here is a link to the video so you can see more on this story.

http://www.nbcboston.com/on-air/as-seen-on/WEB_Easton_NECN-419424534.html

Edited by - LB on 05/02/2017 2:32:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

LB

2082 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2017 :  2:37:19 PM  Show Profile  REPLY
See me on Sunday's or be sure to mention my name
I promise you will be taken very good care of!

Please answer it here. If it's easier, I can wait until your next podcast with Burt.

quote:

LB Ill gladly answer that in the discussions group.

quote:
Originally posted by LB

quote:

Thats a good plan. I hope you think those rules apply for both public and private jobs.

If it doesn't pain you too much, please answer the following questions for me"

(1) Do you believe one size fits all when it comes to compensation in different industries, public versus private sector, union vs non-union?

(2) Do you believe that there is a cost of turnover of employees? Is it worth it to lose continuity and institutional knowledge over 10% compensation?

(3) Do you believe that some industries and skills are more in demand than others and that might impact compensation?

My answer to your question would become more evident if you provide answers to those three questions above.

Edited by - LB on 05/02/2017 2:47:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2017 :  3:24:02 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

No - you have to consider the benefits on top of compensation.

Depends

Yes

Laura
Go to Top of Page

DMcLeod

199 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2017 :  4:15:21 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Thanks, I watched that but remain skeptical when they fail to provide any evidence. But, the past is the past I suppose.
quote:
Originally posted by LB

quote:
Anderson’s posts are considered by many to be controversial. He has posted images that depict the Easton Journal editor as a propagandist and show her with a missing tooth. He shared a Nike “Just Do It” poster of a Muslim woman wearing a hijab that had an asterisk with, “If your husband lets you.” He incorrectly said the previous town administrator was fired from other towns. And he’s told residents to throw beer bottles on another citizen’s lawn.

He recently told The Enterprise he finds the images to be funny.

DMcLeod, above is from an Easton Journal article on the matter.

Here is a link to the video so you can see more on this story.

http://www.nbcboston.com/on-air/as-seen-on/WEB_Easton_NECN-419424534.html

Go to Top of Page

leroy

1247 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2017 :  9:08:09 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

these are the wrong times to be posting things like that
but I don't think the world in general is that phased by
similar level stuff. I remember a thousand years ago
2 dorm mates who lived across the hall from each other
taping newspaper headlines on each others doors based on
their ethnicity. "Israeli jets pound Beirut" , "PLO
launches more rockets into northern Israel". nobody
cried, everybody laughed. at the time I don't think
I could have pointed to either place on a map, never mind
what was going on there. the Easton journal editor is
a propagandist for the current majority ? he would be
far from the first person to think that. just do it poster ?
on a 1 to 10 for offensiveness I give it a 4. is it funny ?
a little bit. am I crazy or should everybody just lighten up ?
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  07:07:27 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

I wonder who alerted the media? usually they only come to a local town when given a phone call.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

LB

2082 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  08:24:17 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:

I wonder who alerted the media? usually they only come to a local town when given a phone call.

I am pretty sure that nobody called the media. The original news story was McIntyre hauling Easton Police Dept into a BOS Meeting. From there, the Anderson story emerged.
Go to Top of Page

DMcLeod

199 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  09:59:07 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

I think any Chairman would do that to a lynch mob of social justice warriors. Ms. Corona silence residents more than once as I recall.
quote:
Originally posted by LB

quote:

I am pretty sure that nobody called the media. The original news story was McIntyre hauling Easton Police Dept into a BOS Meeting. From there, the Anderson story emerged.

Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  10:19:37 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

LB , So you think that anyone can just take over a meeting if they feel like it? And its okay to just say whatever you want about anyone, on camera?

quote:
Originally posted by LB

quote:

Laura
Go to Top of Page

LB

2082 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  12:53:33 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

I am not debating right or wrong on this one because I wasn't there. My point is that it's news when the chair of the BOS hauls police into a BOS meeting. It's even bigger news when it involves an appointment to a committee such as Anderson. You may not like HOW statewide news became involved, but that's what happens when controversial appointments are made. After the Goodman controversy, unless Mills is a total fool, he and McIntyre HAD to know the Anderson appointment would blow up.

quote:

LB , So you think that anyone can just take over a meeting if they feel like it? And its okay to just say whatever you want about anyone, on camera?

quote:
Originally posted by LB

quote:

Go to Top of Page

DMcLeod

199 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  1:45:21 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Everyone knows Fulginiti and Murphy leaked the appointee list. Murphy has leaked other info in the past. Look at the people involved in the lynch mob. Murphy's former Thorny Lea crowd. There is no mystery here.
quote:
Originally posted by LB

I am not debating right or wrong on this one because I wasn't there. My point is that it's news when the chair of the BOS hauls police into a BOS meeting. It's even bigger news when it involves an appointment to a committee such as Anderson. You may not like HOW statewide news became involved, but that's what happens when controversial appointments are made. After the Goodman controversy, unless Mills is a total fool, he and McIntyre HAD to know the Anderson appointment would blow up.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LB

quote:

Edited by - DMcLeod on 05/03/2017 1:45:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  2:29:58 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

who gets to decide who is controversial Len? Don't give up your right to free speech so quick.
quote:
Originally posted by LB

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LB

quote:

Laura
Go to Top of Page

LB

2082 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  3:18:02 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Anderson is entitled to his free speech. However, there are consequences to that speech. In this case, NBC Boston deemed it controversial. They also have a right to air what they deem newsworthy. That is their call and not Mills' or McIntyre's.

quote:

who gets to decide who is controversial Len? Don't give up your right to free speech so quick.
quote:
Originally posted by LB

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LB

quote:

Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  5:59:13 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Whatever. I am tired of the holier than thou speeches.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

marktun

USA
1401 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  6:07:58 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Laura wrote, to LB:

quote:

Great! Then why don't you stop making them?

Mark

This post (c) 2016 by the author, All Rights Reserved. This post is for the exclusive use for and on the EastonMass.com website and may not be copied, saved, cross-posted to other sites, stored electronically or in paper form, quoted or referred to without the express written consent of the author.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  8:28:26 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Go away. You are a nasty piece of crap. To paraphrase a fired journalist,

STOP THE HATE. STOP GIVING MARK A FORUM.
quote:
Originally posted by marktun

Laura wrote, to LB:

quote:

Great! Then why don't you stop making them?

Mark

Laura

Edited by - Laura on 05/08/2017 8:30:35 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
EastonMass.com © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000