Est. 1996

Listen on Google Play Music

EastonMass.com
EastonMass.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Easton Issues and Discussions
 Community Preservation & Open Space
 Gill property cleanup?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

ck
Advanced Member - More than 1000 posts

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2017 :  8:33:43 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Alright, sounds good.
Go to Top of Page

Peter5
Senior Member -- More than 400 posts

909 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2017 :  10:22:58 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

The town has owned the "old dump" behind Elise circle for years. The stream flowing right next to the 30 foot pile of trash flows directly towards our wells. How is a complete cleanup of the Gill property now our highest priority?
Go to Top of Page

TWMSeven11

845 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2017 :  12:03:37 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Originally posted by Peter5

The town has owned the "old dump" behind Elise circle for years. The stream flowing right next to the 30 foot pile of trash flows directly towards our wells. How is a complete cleanup of the Gill property now our highest priority?

I don't think anyone has stated that we need to clean up the site immediately and that it has to be a top priority. The only thing being suggested is that we spend $5,500 to have a study done so we can have all of the information.

What boggles my mind is that some people had no problem spending $5.5 million on the property but are acting like the study will cost a billion! It's $5,500. A small chunk of change in comparison! What are they trying to hide? How much we got swindled on the purchase?
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2017 :  12:06:33 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

How can you say such things, now you are insulting the leadership of this town. You should just blindly assume that they have your best interests and aren't wasting your money.

quote:
Originally posted by TWMSeven11

quote:
Originally posted by Peter5

I don't think anyone has stated that we need to clean up the site immediately and that it has to be a top priority. The only thing being suggested is that we spend $5,500 to have a study done so we can have all of the information.

What boggles my mind is that some people had no problem spending $5.5 million on the property but are acting like the study will cost a billion! It's $5,500. A small chunk of change in comparison! What are they trying to hide? How much we got swindled on the purchase?

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Peter5

909 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2017 :  12:16:58 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

I'm glad you agree. It was said around page 9 or 10. Not going to bother quoting and calling people out. Maybe I misunderstood.
Go to Top of Page

JoJo

1125 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2017 :  12:40:19 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

For those interested, on the BOS meeting agenda tonite, there is a proposed charge - 524 Depot St (Gill property) master plan development team.
Go to Top of Page

JerseySurf

411 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2017 :  4:35:28 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Originally posted by JoJo

For those interested, on the BOS meeting agenda tonite, there is a proposed charge - 524 Depot St (Gill property) master plan development team.

TOWN OF EASTON
524 Depot Street Master Plan Development Team

Mission: Develop a vision for future use of the property at 524 Depot Street purchased by the town for
permanently open space, potential active recreational use and potential future municipal
facilities.

Membership: Eight (8) persons to be appointed by the Board of Selectmen consisting of at least 5 town
residents to include: one (1) Board of Selectmen member, Planning Department designee, the
Recreation Director; (1) representative from the Recreational Commission, one (1) representative
of the Conservation Commission, (1) representative from the Community Preservation
Committee; (1) representative from the Municipal Building Committee and no less than two (2)
residents at-large.
The Team shall be appointed for a period of no more than six (6) months; however, that period
may be extended for a specified period of time at the Board of Selectmen’s discretion.

Tasks: The Team shall:
1. Become familiar with the site, documenting physical and geographical constraints, as well as important
natural resources. This may involve seeking funding and authorization to conduct certain assessments
and analysis such as wetlands delineation and wildlife and natural community assessments;
2. Determine and develop plans showing suitable locations for such purposes as wildlife habitat
protection; walking trails and nature observation; active outdoor recreational uses;
3. Present draft plan to the Board of Selectmen and the represented boards;
4. Conduct public informational and comment session.
Go to Top of Page

toto

USA
816 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2017 :  6:38:55 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Looks like the Town agreed tonight to invest $5500 to evaluate waste issue on the Gill Property.

Edited by - toto on 07/24/2017 9:49:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sunnyday

1281 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  1:11:06 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Really Toto? Well that is good news..
Go to Top of Page

JoJo

1125 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  2:06:44 PM  Show Profile  REPLY
See me on Sunday's or be sure to mention my name
I promise you will be taken very good care of!

quote:
Originally posted by Sunnyday

Really Toto? Well that is good news..

Connor said that he will try and have some Reps from Nover - Armstrong at the next BOS meeting Aug 7th.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  9:00:58 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Just listened to the ECAT tape on the discussion. I think some people do not actually understand what fiscal responsibility is.

Good job David for bringing up the river that runs through it, that provides our drinking water.

Also good job Dan Murphy for pushing this forward.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Peter5

909 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2017 :  09:05:30 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

Sounds like things are moving forward.

I didn't know there are wells on the black brook. Where are they located?
Go to Top of Page

JerseySurf

411 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2017 :  5:50:22 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Originally posted by lllr

Jersey,
I am pretty certain that I was later told that there were no quotes done on the entire Gill property that that was a mistake. Otherwise you're right we would have quotes. It also would go against what the town is saying that we were only going to clean the front of the property. It is yet one more confounding piece of information I received I the puzzle that is the Gill property trash cleanup.

lllr - a belated thank you for the updated info!
Go to Top of Page

Sunnyday

1281 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  12:59:02 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Yes kudos to those Selectmen that decided it was worth the investment. What I take issue with is at this meeting Mr. Barger stated "why is the BOS being bullied into doing this by the citizens?".

REALLY?? I am going to request that Mr. Barger explain this statement. Bullied?? If anyone is suggesting that the constituents concerns are NOT REALLY concerns and the BOS is being Bullied into doing their job then we need to start taking a more serious look at who we elect.

I thought Mr. Barger ran on "voice of the people" and "peoples voices should be heard" but I suppose that is only the people who agree and support him??? What the heck am I missing here???
Go to Top of Page

JoJo

1125 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  1:26:33 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Originally posted by Sunnyday

I thought Mr. Barger ran on "voice of the people" and "peoples voices should be heard" but I suppose that is only the people who agree and support him??? What the heck am I missing here???

I believe Mr. Barger mentioned something like that at the debate, sounded good at the time.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  3:04:05 PM  Show Profile  REPLY
See me on Sunday's or be sure to mention my name
I promise you will be taken very good care of!

I can personally assure you that when he said "respect for all voices", he definitely did not mean ALL voices.

Laura
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
EastonMass.com © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000