Est. 1996

Listen on Google Play Music

EastonMass.com
EastonMass.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 About Easton
 Easton Photo & VideoTour
 Our Llama neighbors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Burt
Administrator

USA
16770 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  9:43:41 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

I had to pull over today to shoot these beautiful creatures. They are located just over the line in Raynham just after the Dog Track on the other side.

--Burt Lewis
EastonMass.com
@EastonMass

parker
Advanced Member - More than 1000 posts

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  06:26:41 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

A friend used to have Llamas in Rochester and she sheared them like sheep for their fur(fleece?). Some were also Alpacas and I gather they make very nice sweaters etc....
I used to get manure for my compost...better than rabbit or chicken as it less acidic. They are friendly and gentle animals, kind of like a horse and sheep combo.
Go to Top of Page

JPJP
Senior Member -- More than 400 posts

533 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  07:53:14 AM  Show Profile  REPLY
See me on Sunday's or be sure to mention my name
I promise you will be taken very good care of!

OH, be sure you try to get photos of them after they get sheared..they look SO funny! I can tell you, as a knitter, their fleece produces the warmest most lightweight yummy yarn!!
quote:
Originally posted by parker

A friend used to have Llamas in Rochester and she sheared them like sheep for their fur(fleece?). Some were also Alpacas and I gather they make very nice sweaters etc....
I used to get manure for my compost...better than rabbit or chicken as it less acidic. They are friendly and gentle animals, kind of like a horse and sheep combo.

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
EastonMass.com © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000