Est. 1996

Listen on Google Play Music

EastonMass.com
EastonMass.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Easton Issues and Discussions
 Commuter Rail Train in Easton
 Easton BOS notes Middleboro line cheaper/faster
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author  Topic Next Topic  

jc1974
Average Member - More than 300 posts

361 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2016 :  11:55:30 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

Easton BOS highlighting the fact that the Middleboro line costs FAR less and can get build significantly faster. Nice job BOS.

http://easton.wickedlocal.com/news/20160927/easton-board-urges-middleboro-route-for-south-coast-rail

leroy
Advanced Member - More than 1000 posts

1247 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2016 :  3:15:02 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

I am sure the "forceful tone" in the letter has them shaking in their boots at the T.
Go to Top of Page

leroy

1247 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2016 :  3:19:48 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

although I think the train is a net positive for easton (witness needham, wellesley, hingham, etc, etc.) we could probably survive with one station
not two.
Go to Top of Page

Billd
Senior Member -- More than 400 posts

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2016 :  5:09:57 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

There are easily accessible trains in Mansfield and Stoughton both within 10 minutes of Easton. We don't need 10 to 15 trains running through Easton 5 0r 6 days a week. The MBTA is one of the most chronically inept public transportation in the country, from management, service, deferred maintenance, payroll, benefits, etc. The last thing taxpayers and riders need is yet another significant expansion which will set back the system another 10 to 15 years. The recent Green Line expansion is the most recent example of their FUBAR.
Go to Top of Page

JoJo

1136 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2016 :  5:44:44 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Originally posted by Billd

There are easily accessible trains in Mansfield and Stoughton both within 10 minutes of Easton. We don't need 10 to 15 trains running through Easton 5 0r 6 days a week. The MBTA is one of the most chronically inept public transportation in the country, from management, service, deferred maintenance, payroll, benefits, etc. The last thing taxpayers and riders need is yet another significant expansion which will set back the system another 10 to 15 years. The recent Green Line expansion is the most recent example of their FUBAR.

Agree, I take the Stoughton train and it is not a problem to get to (10 mins. tops). If they ran the train thru Easton it would be FUBAR around here.
Go to Top of Page

leroy

1247 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2016 :  6:56:09 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

“I want to put our concerns in writing,” Selectman Dottie Fulginiti said. “If we want them to focus on Middleboro then we need to say that.”

who is "our" and "we" ? is this simply the opinion of the five board members
or have the majority of their constituents gone on record against the train ?
Go to Top of Page

lllr

889 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2016 :  07:39:54 AM  Show Profile  REPLY
See me on Sunday's or be sure to mention my name
I promise you will be taken very good care of!

So one option is 300 million and takes 5 years the other is 3.2 billion and takes 16 years. So the solution they come up with is let's do both.....You can't make this stuff up

Ridiculous
Go to Top of Page

Peter5

911 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2016 :  08:36:20 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

Not to mention that everyone has been jumping through hoops for the "preferred" route for the last 15 years when the Middleboro option could be up and running at this point.

The Middleboro route looks good now, but once the southeast expressway public/private partnership starts to evolve it will be difficult to calculate the true cost.

Go to Top of Page

TWMSeven11

848 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2016 :  12:01:01 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Originally posted by lllr

So one option is 300 million and takes 5 years the other is 3.2 billion and takes 16 years. So the solution they come up with is let's do both.....You can't make this stuff up

Ridiculous

It's absolutely absurd. It's not like we have extra money to burn and can afford an additional almost $3billion.
I sent an email in favor of the Middleboro line yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

MeredithCo

2068 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2016 :  1:42:48 PM  Show Profile  REPLY
See me on Sunday's or be sure to mention my name
I promise you will be taken very good care of!

The problem with the Mansfield train is that the parking lot is reserved for Mansfield residents (with sticker) during the week. My daughter was able to get a spot in an adjacent private lot during the recession when a few spots became available. That may not be the case now with low unemployment.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
EastonMass.com © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000