Est. 1996

Listen on Google Play Music

EastonMass.com
EastonMass.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Easton Issues and Discussions
 Shovel Shop Square Affordable Housing 40 B
 Brockton
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author  Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1334 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2015 :  7:01:33 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

http://stationloftsapts.com/

n/a
deleted

1334 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2015 :  7:02:39 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

http://capstonecommunities.com/leadership/
Go to Top of Page

Sunnyday
Advanced Member - More than 1000 posts

1281 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  10:40:55 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

what does this mean Bill? Are we expecting more apartments here in Easton?
Go to Top of Page

DMills12
Senior Member -- More than 400 posts

USA
520 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  12:33:36 PM  Show Profile  REPLY
See me on Sunday's or be sure to mention my name
I promise you will be taken very good care of!

I remember Jason Korb?
He seemed like a nice guy, but I hope he's not heading back into Easton? I think we are already up to our eyeballs in apartments at this point.
http://m.enterprisenews.com/article/20091109/NEWS/311099682
Go to Top of Page

EastonCit55
New Member - More than 50 posts

80 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2015 :  10:46:07 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Ok so why is this such a big deal? Is it because our Town Administrator now lives in Brockton in these Station Loft Apartments? And Jason Korb who used to, and probably still does, work for Beacon runs/owns them?

Please, he probably doesn't even pay any rent!! Why else would you move to Brockton? NOW you know what he really wants, Eason to be more like a city why not? he lives in one........
Go to Top of Page

marktun

USA
1401 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  08:43:03 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

Puh=leeze. Eastoncit55, that is a load of you-know-what.

This post (c) 2016 by the author, All Rights Reserved. This post is for the exclusive use for and on the EastonMass.com website and may not be copied, saved, cross-posted to other sites, stored electronically or in paper form, quoted or referred to without the express written consent of the author.
Go to Top of Page

DMills12

USA
520 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  09:08:53 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

Eastoncit
Is that really true? If so, how do you know?
I'm betting it's not true. If it is by chance it is true, I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt that everything is above board. It just makes me wonder, that of all the options available, why he would choose Brockton and to make it worse, why a crummy section of Brockton? More importly, why would he set himself up for the scrutiny of the raw appearance of a conflict. It doesn't add up.

Mark
You got a few minor points for quoting "Mel's Diner" in a previous post. I bet that show hasn't been talked about in over 30 years. That's pretty funny stuff.

Edited by - DMills12 on 08/08/2015 09:10:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

leroy

1238 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  10:44:21 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

if all that is true cit55 it certainly does make one wonder. dmills, I
have all the same questions.
Go to Top of Page

MeredithCo

2059 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  11:10:12 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

Instead of endless speculation, it should be easy to verify where he lives. As for being rent free that would be harder to determine. What is the source of that information? Please get proof before indulging in libel. If it's actually true you have nothing to fear legally by revealing it. I think a lot of people would like to know.

As for making Easton more like a city, that is self evident and Mr. Colton has plenty of company in that regard. Even with my windows closed year round (air conditioning), I am now being awakened each night from noise from Route 123 (I live off 123 about 1/4 mile).Please abstain from telling me I should have not bought my house. I bought it over 20 years ago when it was quiet as deep woods and those who ran the town wanted to keep Easton quiet. I am delayed fairly often now traveling through Five Corners due to car accidents. That never used to happen when I first moved here. The police are called to Target Plaza constantly due to crime. We will see more and more of it as we "urbanize". And our taxes won't go down. You could blanket the town in commercial development and it won't move the needle on taxes.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  12:26:07 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

I have no idea if he is getting a sweetheart rent deal or not. If anyone knows that for a fact, I encourage you call the FBI Tip Line regarding corrupt town officials. Otherwise, we can't assume he isn't paying market prices and it isn't fair to assume that he isn't.

meredith, your point regarding increased urbanization of Easton is absolutely correct. Have you seen the recent discussion on Easton Stories about this?

Laura

Edited by - Laura on 08/08/2015 12:27:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

empire

1594 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2015 :  7:23:42 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Originally posted by MeredithCo

............As for making Easton more like a city, that is self evident and Mr. Colton has plenty of company in that regard. Even with my windows closed year round (air conditioning), I am now being awakened each night from noise from Route 123 (I live off 123 about 1/4 mile).Please abstain from telling me I should have not bought my house. I bought it over 20 years ago when it was quiet as deep woods and those who ran the town wanted to keep Easton quiet. I am delayed fairly often now traveling through Five Corners due to car accidents. That never used to happen when I first moved here. The police are called to Target Plaza constantly due to crime. We will see more and more of it as we "urbanize". And our taxes won't go down. You could blanket the town in commercial development and it won't move the needle on taxes.

quote:
Originally posted by Laura

meredith, your point regarding increased urbanization of Easton is absolutely correct. Have you seen the recent discussion on Easton Stories about this?

Decades ago the former town manager warned about all those points and he was run out of town on a rail.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1334 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  02:23:19 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

Had a great conversation today at the NRT gardens with an elderly fellow who has given his notice to Shovelworks, says he's tired of paying "nearly double" what the low income tenants are paying. He told me that the market rate numbers are way off. Make sense considering how few cars are there at night. Also, he said that the management is offering him deep discounts to stay.

Makes me wonder what the real story is. Who knows?

Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  11:01:32 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

Who knows if we will get our $6 million back?

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Peter5

909 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  11:49:09 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

The apartments are in the range of the others and in a better location.

What's the breakeven market value for the town?
Go to Top of Page

leroy

1238 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  11:44:14 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

is there really that big a rental market for other than deeply subsidized units ? we have that
big one going in behind target that should have its own elementary school built with it. there
are others planned. 2 bedrooms on a rental site are listed as $2000 to $3500 at the shovel shops.
the properties site now just says call for details. $42,000 a year for a 2 bedroom in easton.
living next to somebody probably paying a fifth of that ? no comprende.
Go to Top of Page

MeredithCo

2059 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  09:09:30 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

I've been away from crunching numbers for a very long time, but doing some quick calculations in my head, I think an outlay of $42,000 year would get you a nice 3-4 bedroom house with garage and yard in Easton. Sure ,there would be maintainance expense but most of the 42,000 would be tax deductible, enough to pay someone to plow,mow, rake, clean gutters and occasionally paint. Then there's the potential for appreciation. Privacy is nice too.

I don't understand paying 42k a year to rent (and you have to clean the snow off your car, correct?). And live next door to someone getting the same thing but with a huge subsidy?
Go to Top of Page

Peter5

909 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  11:30:00 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

Assuming they have $50,000 for a 10% down payment.
Go to Top of Page

MeredithCo

2059 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  12:28:13 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Someone with enough after tax income that they can afford $42,000 in annual rent should be able to save up for a $50,000 down payment without any problem. If not, they aren't managing their money very well.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  12:32:49 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Some people rent because they are transient, they don't want to commit to the town yet, they are selling their home and buying a new one. It doesnt always make financial sense to buy a home, particularly if you may need to sell in a 1-2 years.

Laura
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
EastonMass.com © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000