Est. 1996

See me on Sunday's or be sure to mention my name
I promise you will be taken very good care of!

Listen on Google Play Music

EastonMass.com
EastonMass.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics & Misc.
 National, World & State News, Politics
 It's Time for Trump to Go
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author  Topic Next Topic  

PeteHound
Junior Member - More than 100 posts

137 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  9:58:43 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Even the most ardent Trump supporters must question this guys' sanity after the Sh-Hole debacle. He is just an embarrassment. Time for a poll Burt? Should he stay or should he go now? If he goes there will be trouble. If he stays there will be double......

Burt
Administrator

USA
16798 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2018 :  11:25:06 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Originally posted by PeteHound

Even the most ardent Trump supporters must question this guys' sanity after the Sh-Hole debacle. He is just an embarrassment. Time for a poll Burt? Should he stay or should he go now? If he goes there will be trouble. If he stays there will be double......

I'll stay with my prediction when he first got elected that he will not last the 4 years.

--Burt Lewis
EastonMass.com
@EastonMass
Go to Top of Page

TWMSeven11
Senior Member -- More than 400 posts

848 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  10:52:13 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Originally posted by PeteHound

I'm a Trump supporter but I slapped my hand to my forehead with that one. I completely agree with his immigration policy of letting in people with more desirable skills. However, as president, you don't call other countries ****holes, even if they are. That type of talk was "okay" as a celebrity/businessman but not now.
Go to Top of Page

marktun
Advanced Member - More than 1000 posts

USA
1401 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2018 :  08:40:30 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

Burt, I'll stay with my prediction that he will be re-elected for another term.

As with our experience here on the site....people *love* the drama. For better or for worse.

This post (c) 2016 by the author, All Rights Reserved. This post is for the exclusive use for and on the EastonMass.com website and may not be copied, saved, cross-posted to other sites, stored electronically or in paper form, quoted or referred to without the express written consent of the author.
Go to Top of Page

MeredithCo

2068 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2018 :  1:56:16 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Hang onto this thread Burt, and let's see how it turns out. I don't think there's a chance he'll be elected for a second term and I disagree with Mark that the voters crave drama. I also don't think his party will nominate him.

I agree with Burt that he may not even serve a full term.
Go to Top of Page

toto

USA
822 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2018 :  4:11:39 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Iím hoping for EIGHT.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2018 :  10:37:54 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

Every day that President Trump is in office and Mark is in Mexico is a very good day.

I know that some people long for the days of Obama and Kerry. They liked to fly around the world treating our US taxdollars like it was their personal ATM, handing out cash to terrorist nations...

Laura
Go to Top of Page

JoJo

1136 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2018 :  4:03:27 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Say what you want about Trump but the Stock Market has been soaring since he has been in office.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2018 :  6:23:27 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

Lots of companies are giving their workers bonuses and announces plans to shift production home.

Democratic party doesn't want American workers to do well financially. Afraid they will get too rich and become Republican. It has become the party of hatred toward Israel, disrespect toward Law enforcement, and very welcoming to illegal immigrants.

Laura

Edited by - Laura on 01/28/2018 6:24:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

PeteHound

137 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2018 :  8:46:33 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

quote:
Originally posted by Laura

Lots of companies are giving their workers bonuses and announces plans to shift production home.

Democratic party doesn't want American workers to do well financially. Afraid they will get too rich and become Republican. It has become the party of hatred toward Israel, disrespect toward Law enforcement, and very welcoming to illegal immigrants.

Wow...just wow.
Go to Top of Page

MeredithCo

2068 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2018 :  09:02:27 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

In the corporations I've worked, employees were sometimes given bonuses instead of raises, to avoid making a salary increase permanent. So I'm sort of neutral on the news of bonuses.

I don't agree that when people become rich they switch from Democrat to Republican. A very small percent perhaps.

I really hope Trump succeeds in bringing employment back to the U.S. Although he takes credit for a lot of things that he doesn't have a legitimate claim to, he can certainly take credit for the stock market.
Go to Top of Page

toto

USA
822 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2018 :  11:42:53 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

MeredithCo,
I agree with you about companies giving bonuses vs. permanent salary increases. Since the new tax package was approved, itís hard to believe that such a ďphenomenalĒ number of companies decided to give bonuses this year and it had nothing to with Trumpís new tax changes. The country is very, very optimistic at this time and Trump had a lot to do with it.

I believe in the long run, we will see more and more Independent voters in this country. The democrats have failed because the Party became more important than the people they serve. Good start for the Democrats would be to get rid of their loud-mouthed resistance leaders. There are three or four of them that are annoying most of the people in the country. The Republicans all need to get on the same page and work together as a team, thatís not happening.

Your right. The Stock Market speaks for itself. I hope everyone ends up with an eventual retirement nest egg that guarantees them a comfortable life in old age. Again, this speaks to Trumps business influence. I donít mind giving credit where credit is due.
Go to Top of Page

MeredithCo

2068 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2018 :  12:31:43 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

I think you're right about the Independent trend. I also agree that the Democratic Party is tone deaf when it comes to choosing leaders. T

It's my hope too that all Americans will have a secure retirement.
The stock market has shot up like a rocket but it will settle down. If growth takes off, I would expect interest rates to follow.
Go to Top of Page

PeteHound

137 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2018 :  9:04:05 PM  Show Profile  REPLY

I tend to disagree that Trump is the main reason the stock market is doing well. There are many factors the determine the direction of the market (e.g., unemployment numbers, interest rates, job growth, etc.). It takes time for federal policies and changes to have an effect on the economy. Most take more than a year to have an impact. Some take years. The economy is also cyclic. The economy was booming under Clinton. Most agree he just happened to be President during the high point in the cycle. I believe Trump is current riding (and taking the credit like he does for everything) the wave. His revamped tax plan may have recently played a small part. In the end this tax plan will hurt most middle-class Americans. Just today the market tanked. Why? Because Warren Buffet and his associated companies announced they will be creating their own health insurance company to reduce the health care costs of their mainly middle class work force. This effectively will take millions away from coffers of the wealth. Greed is still running, and ruining this country, like it did in 08.
Go to Top of Page

MeredithCo

2068 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2018 :  08:02:00 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

The stock market drop yesterday was mainly due to interest rate hikes, and only somewhat due to the announcement by Berkshire , Amazon and JP Morgan (though their stocks dropped after the announcement).

The stock market did well under Obama, but it really suddenly accelerated with the tax plan and regulation changes. That's not typical stock market behavior resulting from long term fundamentals.
Go to Top of Page

Peter5

911 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2018 :  10:28:18 AM  Show Profile  REPLY

Some will give him no credit, others all the credit. As usual the answer probably lies somewhere in the middle.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
EastonMass.com © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000